Final Once Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely will take your advice on the TX-2, considering I don't need that much and it has great ratings.

Your sure 650w wont handle two HD4850's? Can't hurt to be on the safe side though, especially for only an extra $10. ($20 extra on newegg)

As for the dominators, $110 after rebate didn't seem that much more than any other RAM I found with same specs (in fact its cheaper than most).

Also, nice save on the Mobo, with the P5Q Deluxe and an HD4850 the first ram slot is not usable, and that would have sucked. Probably will go with the Biostar as I know for sure I'll be able to get at all Ram slots with my card.

Its enough.. just the Corsair 750tx was cheaper last time I checked... maybe it jumped.. idk...

e8500 is 20 bucks more than e8400.
20 = worth it if you are planning on overclocking.

i keep looking at that biostar mobo, it rocks for oc'ing...but it is so horribly ugly it makes me cringe. one of the reviews on newegg (and i take them with a grain of salt but havent tried to research this) that the vcore increases in steps of .05...which kinda sucks if you are running a 45nm that may only need .0125 or .025 volt to be stable. anyone know if that is true?

I do plan on OC'ing eventually, will have to consider the e8500.

Yeah that board is quite ugly, glad I picked a case with no window :)

I haven't been able to confirm the .05v stepping but I'll keep digging.

Newegg.com - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
How about these or do you not like the 800's?
?
or
Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

And ya, I like your build so far!

Thanks! I'm liking it too.

Still undecided on the RAM, might stick with the dominator's simply because I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom