m$ pits seinfeld against mac guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Microsoft Pits Seinfeld Against "Cool" Mac Guy

Microsoft has reportedly hired Jerry Seinfeld to be featured in the company's new ad campaign, and the partnership has been getting a flurry of attention from the media.

We've all seen the humorous "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" Apple commercials that pit "cool, hip guy" actor Justin Long against uber-geek actor John Kellogg Hodgman. While Long portrays the calm, creative computing experience, Hodgman always looks uptight, upset, and jealous of the Mac brand. Will Microsoft create a similar ad campaign that replaces corporate geek with funnyman Seinfeld? When you think about it, the choice couldn't have been better. While Seinfeld is a stand-up comic, he is best-known for his role on the widely popular sitcom of the same name. His character's claim to fame? Being completely "plain", unfashionable, and not extremely good-looking, yet being able to snag the hottest girls, and plenty of them, at that. Cross this over to Microsoft Windows, and you instantly see the similarities: a brand with a reputation for being not as attractive as Mac, so to speak, yet somehow, it manages to get most of the customers out there. And more keep on coming.

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to this campaign, and what Seinfeld will bring to the table. Will he mock Mac with some funny banter against another character? Or will he make light of unfortunate issues that Microsoft has had to deal with as of late (namely with Vista). Because Seinfeld is such a universally popular TV program, it would be neat to see ads that incorporate popular sayings, quotes, or characters from the show itself. And with a reported $10M paycheck from the campaign, Seinfeld should be up for anything...well, perhaps just not the "puffy shirt" or man hands!

Source

heh, yea i heard that MS signed him a few days ago.
never even thought about putting him up against the MAC commercials though lol.
this should be good.
he's already done promotion for the HP laptops, so seems like he is on the PC side of things.

I would rather see Ron White. Guy may not know how ot use a PC but he is sure funny. See him with a scotch in one hand and cigar in the other taking on the Mac Guy.

Good, time for Mac to stfu and eat **** for those gay commercials.

I would rather see Ron White. Guy may not know how ot use a PC but he is sure funny. See him with a scotch in one hand and cigar in the other taking on the Mac Guy.
LOL! That would be awesome.

Didn't Seinfeld always have a Mac in his apartment on the show?

Oh god, I think you may be right...

Is Seinfeld still running? Only as reruns. So what affect would that have on him now? He did a HP commercial that was Vista based. Yet there was a Apple in his show. No big deal.

Actually, the comment about Seinfeld using a Mac was just a funny musing. I guess if I had a point, it would be that these guys don't really care what they are promoting. They just do it for money and publicity.

Justin Long was on Jay Leno and Jay asked him about the Mac commercials. Justin said that he doesn't know anything about computers, and he thinks it's funny that people get so defensive about brands. He said he doesn't care what kind of computer people use.

Money and publicity.

But mainly it was just a funny musing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom