I need help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbreth

Beta member
I have been working on a buddy of mine's computer and have ran into a snag. I just installed a new harddrive and set the bios to boot up from hard drive first and cdrom second. I cannot get windows to load off of the hard drive. It goes to number 2 and loads off of the windows disk. What do I need to do to fix this. It is driving me crazy. If you need anymore information please let me know and I will get what I can to you. Thanks for any help.
Jason

You said you installed a new hdd, you're gonna have to format the harddrive and install an OS on it in order for the computer to work? therefore you have to boot from the disk at first.

You said you installed a new hdd, you're gonna have to format the harddrive and install an OS on it in order for the computer to work? therefore you have to boot from the disk at first.
^hahaha, I was about to say that too. :p

I have formatted, installed OS but still have to load from disk. It will boot off of the cdrom with the disk in no prob, I want it to boot off of hard drive!

Sounds like your MBR is messed up. Try using the Recovery Console to do a fixboot and fixmbr.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom