Help! Windows XP Pro Activation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqe

Beta member
My brother installed Windows XP pro onto his pc (DeLL). The cd can with my new laptop. After he installed it. it was working fine. It has been 3 months now, and Today when he tried to logg on he gets the following messege:

"This copy of Windows Must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. Do you want to active Windows now?"

He clicked yes, and he got a little window saying "Windows is already activivated, click ok to exit"

when exit is clicked, it takes him back to the Log on screen.

So he cant log on his computer. Please can someone help me figure this out, it would be GREATLY appriciated.

-God bless

It might be saying this because it knows that you have activated it at two different locations. Or is plainer terms, it has found out you have a pirated copy.

I have the same problem. My computer came pre-installed with Windows XP. I had a problem with it, so I reinstalled Windows XP using my uncle's operating systems and drivers discs, and now it gives me this activation problem. I never even heard of windows activation before this.

So how does one go about fixing this? I don't want to have to reinstall every 30 days.

TheStray use the disc that came with your PC and you should be jsut fine. You wont have to worry about activation since that disk was activated with that PC.

Saqe your brother needs to install the OS that came with his Dell. There will be no way for him to get around the activation. That is if he uses your disc.

There are ways around the activation but they can not be discussed here. Sorry guys cant discuss that matter.

do you need to activate xp professional?

i put service pack 1 on somebody else's PC, and it didnt ask me

To put a SP on the machine must be valid and already activated. So i am gonna say that their machine was already activated.

I know that SP1 might not have needed validation but SP2 does.

Makaveli213 said:
TheStray use the disc that came with your PC and you should be jsut fine. You wont have to worry about activation since that disk was activated with that PC.

No, that's the problem, there is no disc that came with the PC, that's why I used my uncle's.

If there was no disc that came with the PC then you should call the PC manufactorer and request one. That way you have it just in case. I am guessing that they did a recovery partition which they expected you to burn the disc from. Sometimes manufactorers do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom