q6600 v e8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
very true. I've had other people tell me also that even if you don't over clock it you'll still be happy with it. so i guess i'll have to wait and see. either way, a q6600 along side a 4850 is gonna own compared to my current rig.

You only need to hit around 3.2ghz to take the cpu out of the equation when it comes to bottlenecks.

i have mine at 3.2 running auto on my voltages.... stable for anything and 32c idle temps and around 50c at load.

my vid is 1.3125

tho im thinking of getting the e8500 just to play around with and overclock it. what is max for air and max for water on those... just wondering?

also, i think real debate should be if more cores and threads is better or higher clocks.

what im saying is, e8500 at 4.2ghz or q6600 at 3.6ghz ..... overall what is faster?

it depends on what you are doing. if you are playing most current games, at the clocks you gave, e8500 stomps the q6600. at those clocks, the quad would have trouble keeping up with the dual even doing the supposed quad core specialty of encoding.

i did with my q6700.. down to an e8500.. had a blast, ran 4.7ghz and took 9.9 sec super pi here ;) good fun

definitely ran everyday life better than a quad... well my everyday involves alot of unpacking and whatnot.. so could be the difference ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom