What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I just reinstalled XP Pro on one of my computers. My question is about the Creative drivers for an audigy 2 ZS gamer card. I installed the the newest driver I could from their site but had trouble from the start. The screen that comes up when you install takes up the whole screen and it goes through its process of installation. Up pops a box from MS that says something about the drivers and do you want to continue to install. Yes and off we go. Another box comes up about further installation and just hangs there and does not go any further. I have to ctrl alt del to bring up the task manager to exit because it has been 15 minutes and nothing. When I stop the process there is another box behind that I can't get to about about the continue to install. So now I don't have a good install. It says the audigy driver is there but many of the other things don't work. I tried to uninstall but it won't uninstall fully. I went to device manager and unistalled that way and then reinstalled the download but it does the same thing over and over where it just sticks at that one point.
I was wondering if I should just get a new soundcard so I get new drivers. This card is 3-4 years old and maybe a change would be good. I hope this makes sense.

Hello,

Get Driver Cleaner Pro to remove the drivers. I know that with my install of the latest set of drivers it seemed like it was hanging at a point but it was still isntalling. So it seems you quit the installer before it had finished.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom