4870 X2 power req?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
Anyone know what the power requirments are, I googled but have yet to find a definite answer.

I currently have an 8800GTX with 2 Raptor hard disks, a cavier hard disk, and two sata cd drives. Im running this on an FSP Forton Source psu, 700 watts, 72A distributed over 4 +12v rails.

Im guessing this wouln't be enough, close.. but not enough. What should I aim for?

Hey, been awhile, lol.

Im probably going to pick up a quad core phenom while I'm getting that 4870x2.. I don't think that will make a difference would it?

I havent upgraded since the 8800GTX came out, so Im probably going to change everything except my hard drives and cd drives.. memory, sound card, and PSU.

You really want a Phenom?

Oh ya you had a 5600+ right?

Wait for Deneb 45nm Quad's is my advice, and make sure that your Mobo can handle it, or you could switch to Intel (not that I'm forcing you to do either)

They hit 4.0ghz on Stock.. (Apok posted it somewhere)

ETA on the Deneb? (it's going to AM2+ right?)

Well, I would buy the 4870x2 now, but I believe my cpu is going to be a bottleneck. Besides that I am going to pick up a Lian Li PC-80 case while I'm upgrading, this mid tower of mine now isn't cutting it, both in room and airflow.

Nothing is set in stone as of yet, I just happened to get a production bonus this past week, and needless to say, I have more than 5k to throw around on what ever I want. 1,000 of that is going towards a new rifle.

Denab looked like amd said november, but they were still unsure, but they did state it would be before christmas.

I think I am going to go with an Intel build, the more I look at the current AMD options, the fact that the new AMD's probably won't be out for quite awhile, and my AMD 5600+ is struggling to run crysis.

So I got like 1,500 for a new mobo, new cpu, AF heatsink/fan, and the ATI 4870x2.. and a new case. The case and gpu come out to 960 usd. That leaves 540 for cpu/mobo/fan.

Any recommendations? I know the Q6600 is a good choice, but what about the Q9550?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom