OK, ocing my q6600 to 3.6 & ram ocing. (no, not a how do i oc thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
OK, i have the proper cooling ( and more) to oc a good bit, i'll list my cooling right now:

ram: corsair dominator airflow king (3x40mm fans over the ram FYI)
CPU:xigmatek rifle w/120mm fan

3x120mm case fans, 2x80mm case fans, plus the psu exhaust fan.

So, i want to put my q6600 up to 3.6. So what voltage do u think i should be doing on with this? Im not sure. I have tried 1.25 but i bsod, and im a noob ocer so i though id just wait for the more experience members to help me)

My Crucial ballistix ram also did not come at hte timings it said (4.4.4.12) it came at 5.5.5.15 . I want to tighten the timings to what they are supposed to me, and get them up to 900-1000mhz if possible so what voltage should i be using.

Also, a fun added side bonus question. I can't seem to find how to set my ram to cpu ratio, i seriously have searched but can't, can u specify exactly what it says for i can put it to 1:1?

what are you currently clocked at? is it a new processor?

what's your processor's VID? This can be found by downloading Core Temp. Also what is your CPU currently reading for your voltage? Found in CPUZ.

I run my Q6600 at 3.2 GHz at 1.384 volts, which is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to Q6600s. You'll have to find your current voltage and VID to know where to work from.

^sorry, i guess i should have mentioned those things in the first post

Currently clocked at 3ghz with no voltage change

My vid is (by coretemp): 1.225 vernon told me that it was reading it wrong when i told him something from the bios though, i forget what it was though.
My current voltage is: 1.264

basically all i need to know is how high should i go on the voltage, what the setting is called that changes the cpu to ram ratio, and safe voltages for ballistix memory to change to.

well you can keep increasing voltage as long as your cpu stay pretty cool under prime95 pressures, and is stable

have you done a good run of prime95 with your current 3.0 OC?

you have a good amount of room to increase your voltage, but you wanna try and keep it lower. so go in small increments of .05 or .025. But you still have room, so don't be scurred.

*edit* and i don't know a thing about ram voltages and how to tweak them cuz i haven't gotten into it too much. The setting to change the ratio, for me is just that, it's called ratio somethin or other, it's next to the multiplier setting in my BIOS.

thats the thing, this bios is weird, there is no multi setting, and i can not find the ram ratio one either. Thanks for the info though squirtis.

set it to 1.4v, see if it is stable and work your way down. If not work your way up. I usually jump in increments of two or three.

^sorry, i guess i should have mentioned those things in the first post

Currently clocked at 3ghz with no voltage change

My vid is (by coretemp): 1.225 vernon told me that it was reading it wrong when i told him something from the bios though, i forget what it was though.
My current voltage is: 1.264

basically all i need to know is how high should i go on the voltage, what the setting is called that changes the cpu to ram ratio, and safe voltages for ballistix memory to change to.

That was because you had Speedstep on before ;)

So it was reading it a bit lower than what it really was

Thanks....what about the voltage for my ram, and the name of the option to change the ram, fsb ratio?

I looked again and still could not find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom