Need some help finalizing wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME!! Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. And I will post pics of it when it's done!

Sorry, got another question. It says everything is in stock, so when I place the order, will everything be shipped at the same time? It makes sense to but I'm just making sure.

Get the Biostar I45 instead, get the Corsair 750tx cheaper at Buy.com, its also an extra $10 off more if you use Google Checkout..

Avoid the Q6600, it really sucks now because they overclock like crap because of bad batches, with high VID's (in case you didn't know, VID's are the voltage required to run at stock speeds, lower is better) that should stop some complaining when people don't get past 3.0ghz anymore :)

Consider the e8400/e8500/e7200 instead

Get the Biostar I45 instead, get the Corsair 750tx cheaper at Buy.com, its also an extra $10 off more if you use Google Checkout..

Avoid the Q6600, it really sucks now because they overclock like crap because of bad batches, with high VID's (in case you didn't know, VID's are the voltage required to run at stock speeds, lower is better) that should stop some complaining when people don't get past 3.0ghz anymore :)

Consider the e8400/e8500/e7200 instead

Link to Biostar I45 (Very Recommended):
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Instead of the Q6600 get a q6700. (if you have ordered it already or you don't mind if it wont go past 3.0ghz, ignore this.)

Haha :)

Thtas a better alternative to the "Do not whine" I usually preach to people haha

Depending what you buy they will be shipped in different packaging and different locatoins, so don't hold you breathe. Newegg has like 5 warehouses or w/e, and I believe each warehouse holds different things, I got my case from Cali, my HDD, CD/DVD from NJ, my printer/headphones from kentucky or tenn, so I'm not entirely sure on that aspect, but they will be shipped on the same day and you should receive them all on the same day or a day later.

Ok, I see a few more recommended changes up there so, out of those 15 items on the wishlist, the motherboard and the processor are the only things that need changing?

I can't stress enough how good this computer should be. Of course nothing extremely too powerful but, you know, just what's within my budget. Keep in mind that I will be doing a lot of stressful work on this new computer. If it can handle Crysis on high settings and do a lot of 3D animation, then this would be absolutely PERFECT. I don't have the money to buy a ready-made computer with that kind of performance quality so I'm resorting to building it myself (which is what I'd rather do anyway.)

I just want to make sure that I get everything right, and the computer can handle the tasks of my soon-to-be everyday life. I can't really do anything because my current computer is astronomically slow.

Here are my specs (hold on to your seats, seriously).. enjoy:

512MB RAM
On-board video driver
ECS 845G Motherboard
$25 Creative sound card
2.4GHz Intel Pentium D processor
20+70GB HDD
300W PSU

The PSU, HDD, mobo, processor, and RAM came from 4 different computers.....

The case fan is hanging on with one screw.

For at least 7 months, the CPU fan (found out just recently) was REVERSED!! (my error)

The front USB ports are broke off and are hanging out.

The rear I/O panel is nearly broke.

The mobo is held down with 3 screws only.

My keyboard is missing a spacebar.

And if there's anything else I can think of, I'll update this.

So anyway, there's the story. Not like you wanted to hear it anyway, but it was just for your amusement.

As you can see, this is a much needed upgrade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom