Cool it with Water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermal tank is out then, looking through the swiftechs, I saw one for about 140 dollars, they mention that there is some screwing involved and modifications to the case. is this something extensive?

no, but you have to attach the radiator to the back of the case where the fan is. nothing major. you will have to do that anyway to attach any dual 120mm radiator to your case.

Ya, i think buying a thermaltake bigwater kit is grounds for a banning :p Basically its all going to come down to what case you have and how much space you have. Or you could just do something completely stupid like me and buy a mountain mods case and run 2 loops :p

Haha. I think it's time I show the case I wanted to use here:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Right now I'm working with an apevia x-plorer case found here:
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-AL/420 Black Body/Silver Front Panel Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Computer Cases
the LED for the fan control and temperature went haywire, the fans are completely gone and the thing is really cumbersome. Since I have my tower underneath my desk it does absolutely nothing in terms of airflow which is the main reason I would rather water. reduce the noise and the dust.

Hm, nope, you've guys scared me against buying a thermal take kit, any ideas on the case I displayed?

good loops are going to be around $200 at the very least. I don't know how much more your going to get out of your cpu if thats what your going after.
I got mine to 3.45GHZ 24/7
I'm using:
Swiftech MCP655 (sometimes called D5)
Swiftech Apogee GT
Thermochill PA120.3
Swiftech HydrX
Danger Den fillport

When getting a watercooling system, it's usually best to get a case specifically for it.
I'm using a Lian Li PC-A70 right now (modified)
Cases which have 5.25" bays from top to bottom are usually good for putting radiators in, too

if ur not experiencing bad temps now its prob not worth the cash, and if u have a amd x2, overclocks are kinda limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom