Nehalem = Terrible for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. You can use existing AM2+ boards with DDR2.
There's always the option of DDR3 with AM3 boards, but it's not worth the price of DDR3 IMO. even DDR2-1066 can be had cheap now.

Will there really be a significant performance difference between DDR2 and DDR3 ram? Will the difference be anything like GDDR2 and GDDR3?

Or is it just best to wait until DDR3 ram is under 30~50$ a gig.

it only really shows its speed at 1600mhz and above, the new i7's will better utilize the faster ram, which it previously cant with the c2d because of the fsb.

I doubt it.
DDR2 at 1066 @ CL5 is already quite fast

Yeah I knew DDR2 800 and DDR3 1066 weren't that much of a difference.

it only really shows its speed at 1600mhz and above, the new i7's will better utilize the faster ram, which it previously cant with the c2d because of the fsb.

But like Baron said it shines at 1600mhz +. So until the 1600mhz DDR3 starts becoming affordable, then buying DDR3 is not worth it?

But like Baron said it shines at 1600mhz +. So until the 1600mhz DDR3 starts becoming affordable, then buying DDR3 is not worth it?

yeah pretty much, ddr3 just isn't worth the extra cash which we still cant fully utilize as of yet. and it is only ram don't forget, it doesn't really play a big role in gaming performance besides loading times.

Yeah looking at ddr3 1800 prices right now, they're astronomical, theres no way in hades i'd pay that much for just ram. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom