Hole in back of case - Affect temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Right well basically at the back of the case you know you have the slots where the back of the graphics card will fit (the part with the vga/dvi/hd sockets).

Well to fit mine in I had to cut out pieces of metal that seperate the slot (**** huge 9800GTX), then found out my performance problems where due to me having the card in the 2nd PCI-E slot so it was running in x4. So I put it in the 1st slot and performance improved, but to put it in the slot further up the mobo I had to cut away yet more metal that seperates the sections at the back.

So now theres a pretty big gap here the metal has been cut off so that when it was in the 2nd slot it could fit. Probably a good 2-3 inches up and a 1-2 inches across.

Im not getting terrible temps on my card or components, but that could be better.

So What im asking is, will this hole affect temperatures and air flow? Ill take pics when I get hom if you would like em.

It shouldn't affect your system temps at all. Unless it's on the ground and some dust may get in through the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom