HD4870 or GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vernong, im interested why u would rec. a 260 over a 4870. the 4870 is up there with the 280, if u had the choice between those two then the gtx280 would make sense. the 4870's actually o/c fairly well too. those physics addins are good for 1 or 2 games that u actually play. and its never the really popular games anyway.

A gpu lasts me roughly 8 months or so..... a GPU perhaps 8 days :p
Hmm which one of those did you mean to say CPU....
vernong, im interested why u would rec. a 260 over a 4870. the 4870 is up there with the 280, if u had the choice between those two then the gtx280 would make sense. the 4870's actually o/c fairly well too. those physics addins are good for 1 or 2 games that u actually play. and its never the really popular games anyway.
I still think 4870 = win. My 4850 is killing every game worth playing that (hintshutupcrysisfanbois) I put in front of it, and I'm still lazy and haven't performed that second pencil mod gurusan :p It's just chilling at 750/1000 cause I don't need more atm.

Hmm which one of those did you mean to say CPU....

I still think 4870 = win. My 4850 is killing every game worth playing that (hintshutupcrysisfanbois) I put in front of it, and I'm still lazy and haven't performed that second pencil mod gurusan :p It's just chilling at 750/1000 cause I don't need more atm.

I agree. My 4850 kicks ample ***. I just wish windows Vista 64 could do the same.

Ya... I thought he said he was into Unreal Tournament III, wrong thread though... I'd still take the HD 4870 though regardless of me being a folding lover (if I had the rig to fold with anyways)

Theres a newer version of the 260 coming out, which will perform harder.

More and more games are supporting physics, and Nvidia cards in general have a better warranty. Theres also a huge jump in folding performance (three times faster).

The 260 is not very far behind the 280 actually, especially when oc'd and with the new version coming out the gap will be even smaller.

And as ive said before, 175fps in a game with the 4870 vs 150fps with the 260....all the advantges the 260 offers outweigh the lesser game performance, which is very very mininal compared to the 4870.

never once have i had to return a card, i consider warranty etc. to be a factor that comes in after performance. folding would be imprtant to be but card performance comes first. in some games nvidia cards do exceptionally better but thats coz they are NVIDIA cards. the 4870 can also overclock and will offere better overall performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom