Nehalem = Terrible for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nahalem = Terrible for Gaming?

What do you guys think will be faster clock for clock between Nehalem and Deneb?

When you say kills, don't you mean completly obliterates?

Yeah.... that was the word. Has 9mb of cache over mine and the HTlink is almsot twice as fast.

Wait they hit 4ghz by just unlocking the multipliers? Oh wow that just crushed any pride I ever had or will have for my computer............................. *time to go emo*

What do you guys think will be faster clock for clock between Nehalem and Deneb?

Nehalem by quite a bit. Nehalem is 25-50% faster than the current 45nm Yorkfield quads clock for clock so even if Deneb equals their performance clock for clock , which would be a decent improvement over the 65nm phenoms, nehalem would still have a significant advantage.

Probably Nehalem. By how much is speculation.

I'll be sticking to Deneb.
They'll be cheaper than Nehalem, anyway (the CPU itself, the 790FX/SB750 vs x58 motherboards, and DDR2 vs DDR3 RAM)
And I don't like Intel.
any release date on denab?
99% sure it'll be well before Christmas

Wait.. with denab you won't need to use ddr3 ram? or have to wait for the new motherboards? you'll be able to upgrade it on your am2+ or whatever mb?

Wait.. with denab you won't need to use ddr3 ram? or have to wait for the new motherboards? you'll be able to upgrade it on your am2+ or whatever mb?
exactly. You can use existing AM2+ boards with DDR2.
There's always the option of DDR3 with AM3 boards, but it's not worth the price of DDR3 IMO. even DDR2-1066 can be had cheap now.

hmm interesting, guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with nahalem, but i'm an amd fan, so I might just go with denab when it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom