question about sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to, but be careful because I ran 8800gt sli with 2 branded and clocked cards and I didn't get good results because the cards were so different.

Your card is in other places... but it's so darn expensive because it is "super clocked" and has the akimbo cooler....

Amazon.com: eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GT AKIMBO SC Edition 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card (512-P3-N808-AR): Electronics

Maybe you can sell this card you have now for a pretty penny and pick up 2 identical cards somewhere? Just to be sure.

You may have posted in the wrong section too.

No you don't, just make sure the cards are clocked the same, they don't even need to be the same brand either... and if you get a cheap low clocked 8800gt, just overclock it manually so it scales well

No you don't, just make sure the cards are clocked the same, they don't even need to be the same brand either... and if you get a cheap low clocked 8800gt, just overclock it manually so it scales well

I had mine clocked the same and it scaled horribly. Different brand and different stock clocks. Most people just are careful and by the exact same brand.

sorry to hijack but what would flashing do to benefit performance?

Automatically makes the card think its an AKIMBO, it automatically overclocks it, and it won't revert back to original speeds like ATiTool does (well that's assuming the person doesn't save their profile)

I had mine clocked the same and it scaled horribly. Different brand and different stock clocks. Most people just are careful and by the exact same brand.

had the same problem with an asus and evga 8800gt. and hope the card is stable at the flashed speed. there may be a reason the card wasn't sold as a superclocked, ya know? but, probably it will be fine.

Automatically makes the card think its an AKIMBO, it automatically overclocks it, and it won't revert back to original speeds like ATiTool does (well that's assuming the person doesn't save their profile)

The card is an AKIMBO, theres two versions.

The deactivated one is the superclocked, the one i linked is the standard AKIMBO. The only difference between both is the bios, which EVGA provides and preloads onto the superclocked version, but you can buy the regular and flash it yourself.

They both have the AKIMBO cooler, hence making them AKIMBO cards.

had the same problem with an asus and evga 8800gt. and hope the card is stable at the flashed speed. there may be a reason the card wasn't sold as a superclocked, ya know? but, probably it will be fine.

The bios was designed for these cards, they dont only raise clocks but i believe they bump up the voltage too, and the cooler is made to handle the extra heat, its an 8800GTS 512 cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom