Overclocking: New Pc Parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do mean XP-M 2500+ right? Do I need to get a fan and heatsink for this newegg one? :(

How much will on cost? Where can I get a mobile 2500+ for about the same price but one that comes with a fan/heatsink? I don't want to spend any more cash because I'm really low on dough and if it costs more than $10 for a fan/heatsink then I'm not gonna get it... Oh, will my current fan/heatsink work with this one? It's a Celeron one?

Kangaroo meant the XP 2500+ not the XP-M for laptops. I've also heard the same thing about the chips and ease of overclockability. Mainly cause laptops are so confined they make em lower voltages to keep em cooler and plus are meant to sustained a little higher heat probably. I think I'm just gonna get the xp 2500+ though not bother with mobile.

And you can't get a heatsink and fan with mobile because that would defeat the purpose of it being mobile, wouldn't fit with a heatsink and fan like what you're thinking of now would it?

man after looking at that 2400+ mobile I'm wondering if the 2500+ XP is really the way to go =/

the 2400+ mobile is the same chip as the 2500 just $10 cheaper, remember, get the 35w

the 2400+ mobile is the same chip as the 2500 just $10 cheaper, remember, get the 35w

Nubius said:
And you can't get a heatsink and fan with mobile because that would defeat the purpose of it being mobile, wouldn't fit with a heatsink and fan like what you're thinking of now would it?

Are you sure? I've been told that a regular fan and heatsink will fit just fine on the mobile processor? I'm just getting the mobile one because, supposedly it can handle a little more heat than the regular, and it's multiplier isn't locked. :cool:

I hope that's what you meant? :confused: I'm building a Desktop, not a Laptop... :)

yeah of course a heatsink and fan will fit on there in a desktop. I'm trying to tell you, they are being sold TOWARDS laptop users not desktop users, so why would they package in a heatsink and fan that would only work if you put this mobile chip inside of a desktop computer when they are obviously marketing it towards laptops. See what I mean, so yeah you can put it in your desktop but you're gonna have to buy a seperate heatsink and fan, no way around that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom