Campag V5000 network card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake2k

In Runtime
It's my g/f's computer and I dont know the first thing about laptops but it started saying there was a problem with the pci card in "Slot 3, PCI BUS 6, Device 2, Function 0" when it boots up and when I went to the device manager there an exclamation point next to "Broadcom 802.11A/B/G WLAN" under "Network Adapters" and under properties it says "This device cannot start (Code 10)". So assuming it was just the card I ordered another one off line that was compatible with her laptop (it was only like $20) and installed that and it still wont work :confused: .

Can anyone help me get this thing working again or maybe point me in the right way, thanks for reading.

No need to order a new one. Just follow these steps:

If you have access to a hardwired internet connection
1. Connect it to the internet via ethernet cable, and go to google to ensure connectivity.
2. Go to the device manager (the screen where you saw the yellow exclamation mark)
3. Right click the network card, and click update drivers.

If that doesn't work, or your hardwired connection does not work either
1. Boot up another PC that has access to the internet
2. Find a USB drive, blank CD, or any other means of transferring files. It doesn't matter what you use.
3. Download this for Windows XP (this will give you wireless functionality)
4. Download this for Windows Vista (I couldn't find a wireless driver for your V5000, so use this to perform a Windows Update. Update will automatically find your correct driver.)
5. Put the file you downloaded on to the media of your choice, and transfer it to the laptop. Execute and follow the steps.

Come back and tell us how it went!

Well I did the second option before with no luck but I tried it again and it worked... until I restarted it and now its back to not working :(

Can anyone give me some help cause I'm trying to get this thing working again. I'm starting to think that it's not just the network card cause sometimes it will start up without the beeps and error message and it will work fine but sometimes it will freeze up. Most of time however it will display the error message and won't connect to the network. I'm at a loss with this thing :(

It could very well be a bad motherboard. As a last resort you could get a wireless USB, PCMCIA or Express card adapter(whichever the laptop uses) to get you connected.

well I tried using an ethernet cord and that didnt even work so I don't know if anything else would work either. I'm starting to think its a bigger problem than it appears since its freezing up aswell, man I hate laptops -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom