Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathguise55

Beta member
So I recently bought a evga e-geforce 8800gt, I put it in and then insert the cd and find out I can't run it since I don't have 64bit vista (I'm using 32bit).

First problem is that, can I bypass that by just downloading the files online?

More importantly, the graphics card itself seems to be running (I can play oblivion at high graphics, but the problem is this: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2...sfsdfsfff7.jpg)

I get these random pixels all over my screen every now and then, both ingames and outside on desktop. Any help please?

Also, I've tried so many things, updated drivers multiple times, the card is not overheating, power supply is 600w, I really have no clue how to get rid of it.

As a side note, that screenshot was before I fixed my desktop problem, basically it was set to the Vista style(start bar, etc) but I changed it to classic and the artifacts went away, yet they're still in my games.

Hello,

Run Driver cleaner Pro and then install the latest drivers.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

This will be done in steps. It will require 2 restarts. First install DCP then run it to remove all nvidia drivers. Restart. You will notice that your system is running in vary basic mode. Install the latest drivers. Then restart again. It will still look very basic but this time you can adjust your display settings to what you use since hte latest drivers will be installed.

The reason this is suggested is because installing many sets of drivers can cause a conflict. By doing this you remove that possibility and only have the latest set installed.

Cheers,
Mak

None of it worked, I'm afraid to say. :(

I have a MONITOR\HWP12D6 HP Pvailion F50 monitor, it's quite old, could this have anything to do with it?

Maybe you have the wrong drivers? It could be that the monitor is bad. Only way to know would be to test it with a different one.

Cheers,
Mak

Could try to reseat the card as well, could have beocme unseated or maybe a speck of dust in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom