Is it required to have quad core for new games now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i never said they would loose performance, i said that they will not perform as well in quad core optimized tasks. Which is true. So it's kind of like saying they will loose performance.

actually by what i have seen, the only game of those that duals seem to be better is ut3.also you say that ur dual will be the best in gaming and out perform quads, yeah for only a short while right now. You must realize that more games are coming out that are going to be much better optimized for quad core cpu's, and the number is going to drastically rise. So your dual will loose performance in games soon. But that's just my opinion fortified by new releases to come. Yes at todays current applications and games, duals win. But in a less then a years time, duals will not be as you say, and quads will win a decisive victory.

^i never said they would loose performance, i said that they will not perform as well in quad core optimized tasks. Which is true. So it's kind of like saying they will loose performance.

No, it's just that quads will gain some performance. Dual's won't lose performance in any way.

^hmm lol, i did not realize i was saying that. I shall re phrase. Duals have an advantage right now in most applications because they do not utilize 4 cores. But new applications will, so duals will not meet the requirements of four cores. so they will not perform as well as in applications today. Quads however will. SO in a matter of speaking the application will not perform as well with a dual core powering it as it would with a quad core. So again, in a matter of speaking duals will loose performance, not physically on the die though, just in applications and games.

actually by what i have seen, the only game of those that duals seem to be better is ut3.also you say that ur dual will be the best in gaming and out perform quads, yeah for only a short while right now. You must realize that more games are coming out that are going to be much better optimized for quad core cpu's, and the number is going to drastically rise. So your dual will loose performance in games soon. But that's just my opinion fortified by new releases to come. Yes at todays current applications and games, duals win. But in a less then a years time, duals will not be as you say, and quads will win a decisive victory.

Game development takes time cause I m sure such WONDERFUL games like Crysis weren't popped out in a few months. Besides the low system requirements alone hint that it wasn't meant for an extreme Quad core set up.

Once again though Crysis isn't normal everyday average gaming. Besides just because more and more games that are coming out require higher minimum system requirements. Doesn't necessarily mean older set ups can't handle them. If anything I would think games are just starting to use all two cores and graphics cards to their fullest potentials. Why would Game developers waste their time creating simulations that can't run on 90% of computers?

Why would Game developers waste their time creating simulations that can't run on 90% of computers?

so they can get press like Crysis did. Its only known to be demanding. Its not known for its gameplay at all. I figure they worried more about that than the actually enjoyment of the game.

so they can get press like Crysis did. Its only known to be demanding. Its not known for its gameplay at all. I figure they worried more about that than the actually enjoyment of the game.

The only thing they're doing then is pushing all their customers to console gaming. Cause at least with the consoles you won't have to deal with hard ware issues.

No way would a pc gamer switch to console. I think they are pushing the hardware

They will if pc upgrades remain twice the cost of the console. While the games are about the same in retail value. So unless your pirating it would actually be cheaper for you to game on a console and less hassle.

With the console the life span is about at least twice as long as opposed to upgrades to the pc.

They will if pc upgrades remain twice the cost of the console. While the games are about the same in retail value. So unless your pirating it would actually be cheaper for you to game on a console and less hassle.

With the console the life span is about at least twice as long as opposed to upgrades to the pc.

That's true but console games graphics are generally not as good as pc games. Plus you can use a powerful pc for allot more than gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom