Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hounddog007

Beta member
Hi, I have so much to learn. I am the CEO of a small 501 C 3 Non Profit organization and I am having a heck of a time with our computers. We cant afford anything new and we don't even get paid so buying new pewters is out. I need to learn how to keep them running. Right now I need to find out if any Hard Drive can go into any computer. We had a volunteer down load something and crashed our computer. It had to be the one that we had our books on! I hope to be able to learn how to repair our computers problems, we have 5. I want to learn how to build our own computers so we can have reliable equpitment that we can use to help people.
We did have 1 IT guy come one time , he was here for 1 hour and charged us 180.00 and didn't fix anything! Sorry I have no idea what tags are but I am more than willing to learn :) Ifeel it is a privilige to be here and would like to begin by Thanking all of you who take the time to share and help People like me out, I really need the help and I will put it to good use helping others.

Thank You,
Sincerely,
Jeff Lopez AKA Hounddog007
Chief Executive Officer
A New Hope For Tucson Foundation

Great to have you with us, Jeff. We can definitely help you out with know-how. If I were in your area, I would drop in for free, but I am a mite far off for that.

I removed your personal info from your post. No need for spambots to have it.

Also, we don't allow personal links. Once you reach 40 posts, you are granted signature privileges, and can put it in it. Posting it otherwise is considered spam.

Oh, as long as the interfaces are the same (IDE, SATA), hard drives can be swapped. Unless the computers are identical, it would require reinstalling the operating system on the disk (or at least a repair installation). However, a second disk can be installed in a computer as a slave, and the data of the second disk can be read (but the programs would not work on it that had been installed previously).

Hello,

Welcome.gif

to Tech-Forums.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom