HD4870 or GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Years is a good estimation on upgrading, granted you play the new and coming games, or whatever you do and like nos said more intense games like crysis that could push even the best card to the limits so you can't really say how long it will last if you don't know what you're going to be doing in the next x amount of time.

Well he is only really playing RTS and if you look at the most graphic intense RTS today, C&C3? Supreme Commander?

Even Starcraft2 Looks like it will run off a P4 so all the Asian zergers don't have to upgrade.

4 years + for RTS.

Redmo0n said:
Well he is only really playing RTS and if you look at the most graphic intense RTS today, C&C3? Supreme Commander?

Even Starcraft2 Looks like it will run off a P4 so all the Asian zergers don't have to upgrade.

4 years + for RTS.

yaaa.. thats if you don't feel like playing at high level of detail (which i happen to ALWAYS want to play.. lol

Hussein19891 said:
Yeah why is that? Its like you buy the most kick *** rig today and within a year you can already notice its become more like a mid level rig.

thats the advancement of technology :p with the advancement of technology.. comes better looking games.. and with better looking games comes the need to make expensive graphics cards... its a terrible relationship between the 2 :(

thats the advancement of technology :p with the advancement of technology.. comes better looking games.. and with better looking games comes the need to make expensive graphics cards... its a terrible relationship between the 2 :(

:' ( Just hope some of the new cards can last a good 2 years before the next upgrade. But glancing at the requirements of some of the newer games tells me thats a foolish dream.

yaaa.. thats if you don't feel like playing at high level of detail (which i happen to ALWAYS want to play.. lol

As i stated, RTS. Warcraft 3 can be run on a very low end pc and that was released in 2002, 6 years ago. With the current trend of RTS being focused on game play and not graphics, i think that the OP will have a long life with that card.

Of course if the OP wants to play Crysis 3. GL.

As i stated, RTS. Warcraft 3 can be run on a very low end pc and that was released in 2002, 6 years ago. With the current trend of RTS being focused on game play and not graphics, i think that the OP will have a long life with that card.

Of course if the OP wants to play Crysis 3. GL.

Maybe I m wrong but aren't most RTS games more CPU dependent as opposed to Graphics Dependant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom