Have I crashed my hard disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude ive had this problem before what heppened was the IDE cables went bad for some reson try replaceing them it might mostlikley im wrong though

I don't think your cables are damaged.
Try starting your computer with only one IDE device connected. Your Primary Drive for example and pull all other IDE and power cables out.

are you pertaining to my hard drive as the primary device? what should be the result if my hard drive is still healthy?

yes, your windows harddrive. Try different power molexes and different IDE-cables. If it still doesn't work its not your HD but your PSU..i think

good luck

thanks guys but this problem has already gone beyond my capacity to repair. i think i really need a technician.

anyway, your advices helped me understand my internal hardwares better.

welll.......your explinations have been kind of vague and don't bother replying with 'I TOLD YOU I SWAPPED THEM CONNECTORS AHH' but from what it sounds like all in all YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING WHEN THE COMPUTER IS HOT.....theres some guy who cut a power wire when his computer was on....I don't understand how people do this....its electrical current.....your body is conductive......things happen when electricity is abruptly stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom