Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *READ FIRST* Updated Power supply guide

good specs, has four 12V rails with 19A per rail for $120

Would that be better or this one?

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Certified ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Certified ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Single 12V rail at 49A for $80 after rebate

or this one

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Single 12V rail with 60A

I read on here that single rail is better, is that the case when comparing these particular psu's?

Basically wondering b/c the hec ZEPHYR has total of 64A coming from 4 12V rails, while the Corsair for example has 60A over a single 12V rail, and trying to find out if indeed the single rail is better in examples such as this.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I wasn't about to wade through 16 pages of this thread to look for the reply, BUT is there a true and fast way to calculate how many watts you'll need for any given build you are doing? I know that more is always safer, but for the sake of being thrifty, can anyone shed some light on how to figure out how many watts you will truly need? And then when someone does give an answer, maybe Ste can add it to his original post on the first page. I'm sure others would find this helpful to know too!

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

this is a link to a power supply calculator.

Keep in mind to buy a quality PSU as this thread advises. You can find 600 watt PSU's that are actually weaker than a 350 watt seasonic PSU with excellent volts on the 12V rail.

BFG's newest 800W Eseries is getting raving reviews and should be added I use it on my pc and hasn't given me any fluctuations yet

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I wasn't about to wade through 16 pages of this thread to look for the reply, BUT is there a true and fast way to calculate how many watts you'll need for any given build you are doing? I know that more is always safer, but for the sake of being thrifty, can anyone shed some light on how to figure out how many watts you will truly need? And then when someone does give an answer, maybe Ste can add it to his original post on the first page. I'm sure others would find this helpful to know too!

No easy way, There is always some flaw in PSU calculators, its best just to ask on the forum with the parts you intend to use.

BFG's newest 800W Eseries is getting raving reviews and should be added I use it on my pc and hasn't given me any fluctuations yet

And you have the review links? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom