Which is the better pSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
PC Power and Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V
$110 w/ rebate $80
* 49A 12V
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Certified ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V
$100 w/ rebate $90
* 52A 12V
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V NVIDIA SLI Ready ATI CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

My limit is $110 including shipping. Powering a single 9600gt and a 64 X2 4200+.. I know I don't need this much power but I can use this PSU for my next power hungry build.

I was heading towards the corsair but I know PC Power & cooling is pretty legit.

Thanks

Re: Which is the better PSU

Yeah I saw that psu the other day on newegg's front page. Great deal. The only thing is that eventually im gonna build a sli'd 280 type of computer. Within a year or two, so i figure I'll just buy something good now and not have to worry about it. I would really love something with a single rail too so I dont have to balance power or whatever. Think I could get by with a corsair 450vx? 1 12V rail @ 33A, but with shipping it's $80. I could just buy a friekin 650 whatever for $30 more, and thats like 20 amps more. thatd be pretty sick. btw would the 450 be more reliable and have less chance of a DOA since it's less voltage? noobish question but wutever.

Thanks

They are both single rail designs. And are both the same price after rebate. I would go with the corsair just because it is the same price and has more amps.

A 450hx corsair is probably enough for you to run a single 9600.

Lol just bought the 650TX. Decided I better not go cheap on psu's. $110 shipped.

Thanks guys

Either is a good choice, but you should have really got the 750TX from Buy.com for $90

if ur runing ur system now fine, forget buying a new psu, wait untill the time comes for ur new rig. in 2 years or so, alot will have changed. otherwise i would probably get the silencer since its $10 cheaper and only 3 amps less. also 83% efficiency. both will run ur system with ease.

I got my system running w/ 650tx. Newegg got it to me in 4 days including date of purchase.

My cd drives didnt work at first so I looked at it, eventually lost my temper. Busted the sata cable off my HD, lol.. a new one was $20 at BB. ridiculous..but my cd drives work now, lol

Anyhow thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom