Upgraded an old dell; something went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dark i think u meant NTFS xD ntsc is the american tv format. but yeah it is pretty simple to install windows, boot from the cd and just like installing a app. pretty much.

nagasama, thats a great idea, i wish i had another hdd, coz i hate backing up all my stuff.

yeah it never hurts to back up, i guess.... i never do lol.
i just hope my hdd doesnt take a dump, then everything is ok. i am protected against an OS failure, but a hard drive failure would screw me up. at least i have all my games on a seperate one, so i wouldnt have to re-install them all. which, after i had to do that the first time, was the reason i bought the second. :)

dark i think u meant NTFS xD ntsc is the american tv format. but yeah it is pretty simple to install windows, boot from the cd and just like installing a app. pretty much.

nagasama, thats a great idea, i wish i had another hdd, coz i hate backing up all my stuff.

Haha I didn't notice that, I have been looking at getting a new hdtv so I made that mistake :p. The partition suggestion is a really great idea I may have to do that the next time I format.

I took the easy way out and bought an over-priced SATA hardrive from circuitcity. My old one was only 40 gigs and my new one is 320 so at least I upgraded. But what do you guys mean windows wont work on it because its dell? I installed windows and registered it with my dell windows XP product key.

I'm currently in the middle of installing my drivers. The audio driver for my mobo isn't really working but at least I can now use my computer.

Alrighty, now this is the problem I've been facing.

broken.jpg

As you can see I clicked on next and then the message popped up. After that nothing happens. Eventually I just have to go to task manager and end the process. Everything else on the cd installed properly except for the sound. Also my video card driver doesn't load up when put into my dvd drive but I'm not sure if it is needed since I was able to play Hellgate: London well.

I didn't read through the entire post here, but the way I knew my hard drive was the problem is by downloading ubuntu. It's an operating system. You can run it off the CD and completely ignore your hard drive. Your RAM acts as the HD space.

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

How would that determine weather it's the hard disk or not?

Someone fill me on here please :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom