Help with flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1650

Beta member
Hope this is the right forum for this. Im trying to be able to put a movie on my usb flash drive and watch the movie on another computer at work. I tried it at work on windows media player and it will not work, says it needs another codec or the file type may not be supported. It is a avi file, when i came home i tried pulling it up off the flash drive and the same thing happened, I also have the movie stored on the computer and it works when i run it off the computer. I even tried to convert it to a wmv file and this the same thing, works when i play it on the computer but not the flash drive. When i put it on the flash drive does it change something? What gives?

could be that your work's computer doesn't have the necessary codecs required to play your movie. try to move the file off the drive and onto your work computer, check the properties to make sure it's either wmv or avi, and it will play if the codecs are there

Hello,

Please do not bump your topics within 24 hours. Someone will see it and respond if they have a suggestion or a answer.

As for hte problem. Nothing changes when it gets transsfered. I put avi files on CD, Thumb Drives and externals all the time. They all play jsut fine for me. So it sounds that when your PC transfers them to the Thumb drive they get corrupted.

Cheers,
Mak

have you tried formatting the flash drive before transferring the movie? and if you dont have VLC player in your home give it a try it plays almost and video type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom