Buying a Macbook? Pro or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Just to elaberate on tehdigit's post on drive speeds. You really dont want a 7200 RPM Drive in a laptop. While they are faster at tranferring, they also tend to run hotter. That is why alot of laptop's run with 5400 Drives. To keep the heat down.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Just to elaberate on tehdigit's post on drive speeds. You really dont want a 7200 RPM Drive in a laptop. While they are faster at tranferring, they also tend to run hotter. That is why alot of laptop's run with 5400 Drives. To keep the heat down.

Cheers,
Mak

good point

With the average human body temp being 98.6F or 37C you should hope that you hard drives are at or below that temp. Getting into the 40C range is dangerous. 50C is bad. for hard drive temps. So yeah that isn't a good gage. :p

Cheers,
Mak

I've had 2 MBP's and I would recommend them to anyone. However, as been stated, the run HOT! Well, the older ones do. I had a first gen one (with the ATI GPU), and it ran so hot that it would burn me.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop. The newer ones, if you can afford it, run a lot cooler, and have the 8600. But, for your general college and Warcraft, I'd recommend a regular Macbook (get the matte screen, I'm told it makes truer colors).

I've had 2 MBP's and I would recommend them to anyone. However, as been stated, the run HOT! Well, the older ones do. I had a first gen one (with the ATI GPU), and it ran so hot that it would burn me.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop. The newer ones, if you can afford it, run a lot cooler, and have the 8600. But, for your general college and Warcraft, I'd recommend a regular Macbook (get the matte screen, I'm told it makes truer colors).

they really run hot if you dual boot to xp. xp can't run the fans

You don't have to dual boot... you could run a windows emulator. A friend of mine played needforspeed or something on his macbook with an emulator... ran a little choppy, but it WAS newer game then Warcraft.

why not just get a cheap laptop, instead of a mac? it would save you a lot of money and u could still do anything u could on a mac.

You don't have to dual boot... you could run a windows emulator. A friend of mine played needforspeed or something on his macbook with an emulator... ran a little choppy, but it WAS newer game then Warcraft.

talk of emulators is no longer aloud on the forum.

get the 1500$ one, the rebate that it has is really nice which brings the comp to 900$, and anything now a days can play wc3, as i use to be addicted to that game and played it on a P3, 1.2 or something, 512 ram, integrated video, laptop. So even if the 2300 is an upgrade in the video card you DON'T need it. As for the hard drive being 50gbs bigger you can always buy an external for whatever you intend to use it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom