Nehalem = Terrible for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nahalem = Terrible for Gaming?

actually the business/server market makes up quite a large part of the computer industry. thats where you get huge companies spending millions of dollars on server racks.
i went with my brother in law to his server farm (he runs the department for one of the worlds largest refinery companies) here in san antonio...
lemme tell ya...he had six racks full of HARD DRIVES...which cost THREE MILLION DOLLARS...
and then about 35 racks of servers (no telling how many in each rack, i didnt do the math) which cost over EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS. it would take A LOT of e8400 sales to equal up to that. and thats just ONE company.
this place was SICK man...they had cooling that came from a huge independent air cooler that ran to the racks from UNDER the floor.
one million in CABLES.
holy ****.

I think people are overreacting to the early benchmarks which showed Core i7 performing poorly in games due to a driver problem. Before bloomfield is released in a month or two they should have benchmarks with working drivers.

AMD's response is Deneb, a 45nm die shrink of Phenom. I don't expect it to beat Core i7 but it may be competitive with Intel's current Yorkfield quads.

I think people are overreacting to the early benchmarks which showed Core i7 performing poorly in games due to a driver problem. Before bloomfield is released in a month or two they should have benchmarks with working drivers.

AMD's response is Deneb, a 45nm die shrink of Phenom. I don't expect it to beat Core i7 but it may be competitive with Intel's current Yorkfield quads.

Very true...

but it'd be super ironic if they did win though haha

i actually wouldn`t mind seeing amd pulling a sh** storm out of their buts and kicking intels buts.

i actually wouldn`t mind seeing amd pulling a sh** storm out of their buts and kicking intels buts.

hahaha, imagine Intel getting whooped by a company that doesn't advertise half as much as they do. That would really **** off Intel lol.

I wouldn't bet money on AMD coming back with anything significant for awhile. They simply don't need to stay in the arms race; they've already begun to back off.
No, they certainly have not backed off.
Phenom's have a lot more negative PR than they deserve (45nm Deneb + SB750 should overclock well. 4GHZ is already achieved), and there's definitely more on the way.
The only thing you can say is that AMD is a lot more quiet now than they were. But that doesn't mean they're not going full steam with developments.

I prefer AMD over intel, but with intel being superior atm it's hard to go amd. AMD really does need to release something amazing that will bring that back on top.

AMD was in the lead for a very very long time...its been done.

Yeah but now its like they've been whoring themselves out double time. They probably pay 10times more in advertising then AMD does. If only they spent it towards something along the lines of CPU development instead.

*Edit*

Agreed Vent, would love to see the completion in full force again. Makes products affordable for consumers. Without Ati releasing the 4800 series the GTX 280 would probably still be at about 700$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom