The hideous pitfalls of the X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats right i forgot about the patch recall thingy. but it definately sounds like a fault card. but the thing is - hes getting really good sdmark scores apparently. its a weird one alright....

sithspawn said:
yeah thats right i forgot about the patch recall thingy. but it definately sounds like a fault card. but the thing is - hes getting really good sdmark scores apparently. its a weird one alright....

Who cares what the scores says if they are deceiving? I think those scores (3dmark03 in particular) are flawed and bloated (and always have been). He really should of gone with Nvidia. Every right minded person knows they are better.

9800 series was far better then X800 series, not sure about the X800 XT. thats Y i went for the 9800XT as its the best out of ATi. as even time I had got X series ATi's to sell too. see if u can get the 9800 series, u'll return to ATi (although am not in favor of them as well) as this time is of nVidia.

"Who cares what the scores says if they are deceiving? I think those scores (3dmark03 in particular) are flawed and bloated (and always have been). He really should of gone with Nvidia. Every right minded person knows they are better."

The thing is - they ARENT generally decieving. I agree that this time, nvidia have come out on top. The thing is - if you have a high score in 3dmark03, and your FPS are bad in a game like doom 3, then theres obviously somehting weird happening. It cant be a faulty card cause then the 3dmark03 score would be bad. But there has to be a problem because the x800 cards are supposed to be able to play doom 3 at very high FPS on very high settings.

Yes nvidia has won in this round of vid cards, you dont need to keep saying it, but the x800 still pisses over all the previous generation video cards. so it should be performing good in the games it isnt. Hence there is a strange problem here......

sithspawn said:
"

Yes nvidia has won in this round of vid cards, you dont need to keep saying it, but the x800 still pisses over all the previous generation video cards. so it should be performing good in the games it isnt. Hence there is a strange problem here......

It seems like it, because I've seen several benchmarks where the x800 wins in Far Cry, yet I am getting like 15 frames per second. However, high-end DX8 games such as UT2004 and Painkiller play beautifully.

Crytek are testing their games primarily on nVidia, obviously making the game worth playing and optimized on nVidia. this as well was proved by their responce towrds shader model 3.0 development patch, that took 2 extra weeks, they want juice out of 6800 and they are getting it.

I understand the nVidia pwnes ATi in the battle between the 6800 and the X800, but ATi shouldn't be that bad. We're talking better gameplay being seen from an FX 5700 than what I'm seeing here.

Giancalro, if you goto that same area and look at the exact same place, your fps will drop dramatically. As mine does the same... I'm not sure if my card goes as low as that but I know it's pretty damn low.

Mega wierd man lowest i ever dip is 25fpsmaybe its a driver conflict my way of avioding confilitcs it when i get a new Peripheral device such as a video card i do a fresh install + you get to see its top performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom