Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhibition

Baseband Member
cpu.png

memory.png

memory2.png

I've also got a Nvida Geforce 7500LE.
There are my current stats at the moment.

I'm looking to buy a GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB, which is DDR3 Memory, Would that be compatible, and is it the best for the money?

I'm also looking to upgrade my RAM, with 2GB of Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C3 667MHz Dual Channel Kit. Would I have to take my old Ram out, and replace with the new, or could I run both?

Yes that 8800GT will be compatible with your system, however, how much are you getting it for?? We cant tell you if its a good buy or not without the price.

Unfortunately it looks like your motherboard can only support 2GBs or ram maximum, so you would not be able to use the new ram with you current ram. There is not much point upgrading your ram in this case, as you already have your maximum, and your motherboard doesnt support higher ram speeds (eg. 800MHz).

If i were you i would spend the money on the video card instead, or put it toward a better motherboard.

You should just keep the ram you have now, you won't see a difference if you get PC2-5300. That video card would be good for that price range, unless you step up another 40 Euro you could get a 4850.

What power supply do you have? If you can post the specs on the side of the psu or a picture of them we can see if it is powerful enough.

If this is a prebuilt computer you will most likely need to upgrade the psu to run a 8800gt.

I'm going to be upgrading my PSU anyway.

How much are you willing to spend on the whole upgrade?

Cause you might be able to just keep your computer more upgrade friendly in the future.

So next time you think about upgrading you won't need to start from scratch.

I don't have a Huge budget, I have around £80 for the Graphics card, and £40 or so, the a PSU.

What size PSU will I need to run a 8800 GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom