Am I Overcooling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, my sig says alot of my final goals for my comp. but what it DOESN'T say is my cooling. here's a list of my cooling, starting with my case
Newegg.com - XCLIO WTBK ADVANCED Fully Black Finish Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
This is 2x250mm fans on side of case, one 120mm on rear, and a 150mm on top
we are all familiar with the TRUE, so I won't post a link for that, however, I am putting a push pull system of 2x120mm fans, these should do...Delta 120 x 38mm Extreme High-Speed Fan - 220.01 CFM (TFB1212GHE) - FrozenCPU.com
ok, so maybe four of these, when you take into consideration that I am getting 2x9800GTX cards from EVGA, then replacing stock heatsinks with these...Thermalright HR03 GT Universal Video Card Cooler - (Nvidia 8800 GT / 9800GTX & Others) - FrozenCPU.com set opposite one another *one going over the card, one going under*. ok, so yeah, I've got some cooling. wait, I'm not done. while dealing with thermalright, I might as well go all out with Thermalright HR-09S Type 3 Mosfet Cooler - Slant Type - FrozenCPU.com, and Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX Heatpipe Chipset Cooler - FrozenCPU.com *this one using Vantec Tornado 80mm High Output - FrozenCPU.com and since I'm taking off the stock 680i northbridge cooler, that also necessitates me getting a southbridge cooler, like this Enzotech SLF-1 Forged Copper Northbridge / Southbridge Low-Profile Heatsink - FrozenCPU.com.
WOW! you might be saying. yes, I do worry about cooling. ok, throw in the ram coolers ( Thermalright HR-07 Memory Module Cooler (DDR1 & DDR2 / Single & Double Sided) - FrozenCPU.com) I've got a full set! Thermalright is going to get a sticker on my case, guarenteed. now, the MOSFET, and RAM coolers are all passive, so what can be done about that? how about cutting the bottom of that beautiful case and putting in a 172 millimeter fan at the bottom? NO you say? I didn't listen. check out this...FrozenCPU 172x150mm Fan (265 CFM) - FrozenCPU.com as an exhaust! ummm, yeah, loud. and yes, I'm going to have a fan controller. also, the bottom fan, as it's loud, will have a toggle switch for gaming and benchies. it's a little loud. lemme know what you think?

Looks as if that would make your computer a living **** to be around. Nothing but heat sinks pushing more heat into the case.

hence the amount of fans. my computer will have a negative chamber pressure *the top 150mm is exhaust, the rear 120 is exhaust, and the bottom 172mm is also exhaust. just the two 250mm's and psu are intake, and those are low cfm. everything should be moving at the speed of a tornado lol.

^^why not?
make sure the total cfm of the two intakes is less than the total cfm of the outputs and it will work fine. be prepared to clean dust out about every week.
its going to sound like a 747, but i am of the mindset that a big-dog super-rig SHOULD sound like a b-52.

nagasama, lol, actually I don't think that I will have to worry much about dust, first of all due to the area im in, not much dust, and second that exhaust fan out the bottom should pull everything down and exit out the bottom and onto my carpet lol. veedubfreak, cuz I wanna see how well a well thought air cooling system can go, then I'm going to get a micro AC to put in it to see how low that can get me. might cost more than liquid cooling but it's all part of a grand expirament. now, when I get all that stuff in, my mobo is going to weigh a TON

****EDIT****
Ok, just added up an estimated airflow. just going off exhaust and intake...
Intake=272cfm
Exhaust=589cfm
Internal Air Movement*=880cfm
*not including intake or exhaust

yeah but you have to understand that while the exhaust fan is pushing all that from inside, its also pulling dust IN from the outside. through every crack and nook of your case.
certainly having 600 cfm blasting out...it has to pull that air from somewhere. negative is the way to go, thats how i do it too, but trust me dude...it IS going to get dusty.

omg!! thanks for the fans... i'm gonna get 2 of those for my radiator.. sweeeeetnesss

i broke my last 133cfm one on my finger.. it hurt really bad

i myself recommend not getting the chipset cooler... you can't even set the voltage high enough on a 680i to even get it to worry point.... never once have i touched the chipset on any of my 3 680i's and felt it to be to hot... as long as casefan flow is good enough your okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom