Nehalem = Terrible for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nahalem = Terrible for Gaming?

they are definitely in the works of something, because if they were not intel could bankrupt them entirely with a monopoly market, so you can be sure that amd will have something shortly after nehalem desktop cpu's launch.

Server and gamer class processors make up a small portion of overall revenue. We simply push the industry forward, we in no way keep the companies stable or generate the majority of the revenue, that's the massive world of business machines, and AMD has taken a large bite into the business world so they're not going anywhere.

^i meant their cpu division dude...and the bankrupt was an exaggeration.

So did I. We're talking about companies that make processors.. (?)

AMD may very well drop out of the enthusiast-processor arms race, but it's a hollow victory for Intel; the current processors already surpass our needs. It's like a cold-war... We don't need bigger nukes, we need stuff to blow up. "that means you, GPU industry..."

So did I. We're talking about companies that make processors..

Like you said, amd has there hands in a lot of business, they would not go bankrupt over the majority of their consumer customers moving to intel (fyi, i missed consumer in my last post ..*consumer cpu division*

Im not sure what your getting at though, whats ur point?

Im not sure what your getting at though, whats ur point?

I wouldn't bet money on AMD coming back with anything significant for awhile. They simply don't need to stay in the arms race; they've already begun to back off.

I guess we will all have to hold our breath for fusion.

I wouldn't bet money on AMD coming back with anything significant for awhile. They simply don't need to stay in the arms race; they've already begun to back off.

I guess we will all have to hold our breath for fusion.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Intel will come out with nothing but 200$+ CPU's that no one can afford. Looks like its time I start buying P4's again, so I can distribute them to the poor Intel fan boys who can't afford to live in times like these.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Intel will come out with nothing but 200$+ CPU's that no one can afford. Looks like its time I start buying P4's again, so I can distribute them to the poor Intel fan boys who can't afford to live in times like these.

I never said monopoly...

what benny said....lol

ppl thought dual cores were worse for gaming...until FACTS actually put their silly thoughts to sleep...it's like how many urban legends start, because silly folk don't quite understand things and start making things up :p

also, more ram is good :D

edit: first benny respond...hehe

I don't really think AMD will push off this. IMO AMD is use to competition obviously, with nvidia and intel, I see them throwing out a processor end of Q2 09, if not sooner. or atleast talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom