problem with boot, maybe vid card maybe psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
i put my old psu back in the system as it had more amps on 12 v to run my card and now when i turn it on my monitor turns on i hear a beep from the motherboard as normal then a not so normal second one 1 sec later. normally its 1 beep for normal boot. this time its 2, and it wont boot. i can go to bios and everything,but after i exit bios it says on my monitor this.... "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

by the way the reason i put my old psu in is because on the new one the capacitors inside are leaking. and imploaded. it works sometimes but its takes me 1/100 chances to get it to work. this is why i put my old one in.. and i get this new problem..

Hello,

Sounds like you lost your boot information. Check yoru BIOS for the boot order and make sure that a HDD is selected.

Cheers,
Mak

uhm i went into bios and went to the list it said a bunch of things like slave, master, slave, and not selected on all of them... are those storage drives? and my hdd is plugged in fully...

Hello,

Your hard drive should be the first master item. IDE Master slot should be your Hard Drive and shoudl allow you to boot. This is only a guess.

Is there a list in there of boot order? Check that and see what it says if so.

Cheers,
Mak

ok heres the news, i found the boot order or how you say it. it said first priority and in parenthsis had floppy drive, second priority had something like wdc020003, this is the HDD unit. also i went back and it had on another list IDE master wdc bla bla bla same as the above second priority listing.. now heres the new problem. after restarting or exiting bios it says error disk read or error reading disk please press ctrl+alt+del to restart. any ideas?

Hello,

What OS are you running on the PC? It sounds as if the old order was correct. But it is weird cause neither of them give the error message about missing the boot info. So lets try this. Try hitting F12 after the BIOS screen goes off screen. Or right before. See if you get the boot selection menu.

Cheers,
Mak

im using windows xp pro, i dunno whats the matter either, all i did was swich psu's also after i switched i noticed my fan setting in bios was to go up only when it hit 60 C on cpu, while before i put it on 57C i have p4 it gets super hot..

Hello,

Do you have a XP CD? If so go into the Recovery Console and try the fixboot and fixmbr commands. See if that does anything for you.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom