Computer build problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the buttons would do nothing. (consult your motherboard manual to see if you have them hooked up correctly if u really want to though)

Okay, well I just picked up an Antec Basiq 500W from Circuit City, will try that when I get home. If that doesn't change anything, I will get a replacement motherboard from Newegg.

If anyone has any clue to why this is happening, let me know, please, if you have any inkling as to what is causing my problem, please just leave a post.

Same exact thing happened with new power supply.

RMAing the board tomorrow. Better be the board =|

I use that motherboard myself.
You did mount it to the case using grounding screws, right?
If you didn't connect the squeaker to the motherboard, that would explain no beeps.
Newegg should treat you fine, I buy most of my hardware there, they do over $1 billion in business a year.
Based on what you've done, I'd also have RMA'd the motherboard.

Grounding screws are different somehow?

I did connect the speaker to the mobo, it would make the tiniest of clicks signifying it was getting power, but there weren't any beep codes.

This is my first time dealing with Newegg, and they even paid for the shipping to them! I wasn't expecting that!

And could someone clear up the thing with grounding screws? If i'm using incorrect screws, i'd like to know. I put risers in the correct positions, screwed each 1 down with screws that came with the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom