Any way to fix LCD burn in problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
Hey I've had my lcd for a little over 2 years now and im noitcing the burn in more as the days go by.

I always turn my montior off at night but it just seems to dim it for awhile and it gets worse later in the day. Anybody know any fixes that can make it look better? Like prolly not 100% but atleast somthing to make it more under control

BTW its a 24 inch sony premier pro lcd if that matters

Hello,

There is no real way to fix a burn in. CAn try some tolls that can be Googled but a Burn in is pretty much permanent.

Cheers,
Mak

Hey I've had my lcd for a little over 2 years now and im noitcing the burn in more as the days go by.

I always turn my montior off at night but it just seems to dim it for awhile and it gets worse later in the day. Anybody know any fixes that can make it look better? Like prolly not 100% but atleast somthing to make it more under control

BTW its a 24 inch sony premier pro lcd if that matters

last time i checked LCD's do not burn in.......

Uzi,

LCD's will burn it but it is really, REALLY hard to do so. Basically you would have to leave your desktop on your screen 24/7/365 with no screensaver and you can burn in a LCD. I would wager to guess that this is a older style LCD. Not one of hte newer ones where a burn in would take roughly 3-4 years of constant esktop to get that accomplished.

But the first couple of generations of LCD suffered this problem as well. Not as bad as Plasma's but they did.

Only reason i know. I dealt with a few burnt in LCD TV's before that were sold at WalMart when i worked there. There was massive burn in from things like DirecTV menus and DVD menus.

Cheers,
Mak

burn in would take roughly 3-4 years of constant desktop to get that accomplished.
wow lol, i thought it would take like a month of constant desktop, not a few years lol. Learn something new everyday.

This is from what i know from talking to Sony reps and that. I cant not say for 100% that it is true. As i am not going to test it myself to find out. But from talking to various vendors from various companies this is what i have heard.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom