HD4870 or GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you get paid more than me i'm sure, lol but oh well.. easy job to do when i'm in school since i get to get my homework done.

ventriac... i only get paid 10 bucks an hour, my job blows.... (then there's always sidework i do for extra money)

and zmatt... because i have nothing better to do at work...

when i'm at home, the only thing my computer does is fold... i don't do anything else with it... because the network drivers on that dell are terrible.. i swear its like using a 56k modem... its so terrible....

every now and then i'll hop on one of my laptops and get on tech forums... but most of my posts are made at work :p

When you're at work you really don't want to do what you're suppose or in my case you have SO much down time you need something to do, and when you're at home you can do whatever you want, whether or not it's hang out with your family/friends or play video games, and logging on the tech-forums isn't a huge deal, atleast that's how it is in my case, however; i did just start visiting this forum recently.

yeah, that's interesting i get paid more than that to pretend to look alert in a multi-million dollar building, lol.

Your computer connection at work might be terrible, but my work computer i'm sure is worse..
This badboy is running a P2 350mhz processor, 256 ram, and this thing is slower than death. my P4 seems fast when i get home and get on mine.

LOL a P2! I stripped the plastic cover off one and made a belt buckle out of it. Heck my old high school had completely switched over to p4 or better systems by the time I had left, and that's on a crummy public school budget.

i was talking about my dell at home :(

i'm used to running highend system.. b ut i recently sold my q6700, e8500, x38, and 680i

so i got a free dell housing a p4 to use for the meantime... and well, it just plain makes me sad... funny i have a gtx280 sitting in it.... ghetto rigged with a 2nd psu connected to it

Yes a P2, apparently they can't afford a 400$ upgrade, if i worked here more than 2 days a week i'd make a computer and bring it in, but i only work here on weekend nights, and work at other places. So after i build my nahalem i might buy a laptop and split the internet, because I don't think they have wireless... They have the internet setup like my old school system did. If i were to plug my laptop into it randomly would i have to set up the network or would the internet work?

Depends on how they have it setup. If its jsut a simple windows network then you should be able to plug in and work away. But if they have their own domain then you will have to register your ip with the IT department to get the laptop to actually work on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom