The hideous pitfalls of the X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
well beedubaya. . . hope you can return that card . . .

otherwise, i see some x800 pros going on ebay for $330 . . .

mod it to 16 pipelines and sell it for $400 . . . virtually no loss :p

I have a 9800xt and i can play farcry full settings 1024 2xaa except for medium on shadows and i never dip below 25 usually sits at like 35 or 40

koldapu said:
well beedubaya. . . hope you can return that card . . .

otherwise, i see some x800 pros going on ebay for $330 . . .

mod it to 16 pipelines and sell it for $400 . . . virtually no loss :p

I think the X800 pro makes a good target practice for my paint ball gun.

a friend of mine has a leadtek 5700Ultra and he runs farcry at the highest settings at 1280x1024 and gets about 30-40 frames continuously. here's his system specs:

Asus A7N8X E-Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP3200+ 512kb L2cache and 400fsb
Kinston value ram 2x512Mb CAS3 (i advised him to get corsair XMS...)
Leadtek FX5700Ultra 256Mb

Its especially comforting to know that it does that well, seeing as i built it for him :)

he has clocked his graphics card to 600Mhz core and 1100Mhz memory speed, just using the clocking thing in the Nvidia drivers, but he said he didnt notice any performance difference.

he only gets 9000 on 3dmark01, he should get more right?

Raekwon said:
a friend of mine has a leadtek 5700Ultra and he runs farcry at the highest settings at 1280x1024 and gets about 30-40 frames continuously. here's his system specs:

Asus A7N8X E-Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP3200+ 512kb L2cache and 400fsb
Kinston value ram 2x512Mb CAS3 (i advised him to get corsair XMS...)
Leadtek FX5700Ultra 256Mb

Its especially comforting to know that it does that well, seeing as i built it for him :)

he has clocked his graphics card to 600Mhz core and 1100Mhz memory speed, just using the clocking thing in the Nvidia drivers, but he said he didnt notice any performance difference.

he only gets 9000 on 3dmark01, he should get more right?

This stuff proves that synthetic benchmarks mean nothing. The X800 Pro is an astronomical benchmark scorer but does so poorly in games its rediculous and a scam that ATI charges so much.

i wouldnt know how much fps i get in farcry or doom 3 since i have neither but when i do ill tell you how it goes =/

apparently farcry has problems with newer generation cards. Have you installed the 1.2 patch???

I wouldnt give up on that card too much. In every doom3 hardware review i have seen your card SHOULD be performing a hell of a lot better. maybei ts a faulty card??? Looking thorugh your specs it doesnt seem like anything would be causing a bottleneck. i dunno. i would say its a faulty card or something.

I would recommend to anyone to get the 6800, as i always have.

Wasn't the 1.2 Patch withdrawn like the 1.1 Patch because it was causing too many problems?

The card may be bad (hardware failure), however the 6800 was always the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom