Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

POrseck

Solid State Member
I recently had an adjustment made to my system by Microsoft that cured the problem I was experiencing.

But ever since then, I frequently get a black screen on my monitor that has the following message:

Analog Input

Cannot display this video mode

Optimum Resolution 1280 x 1024 60hz

If I shut the computer down, it comes back on in the safe mode. I then start the computer and there is no problem.

Suggestions please.

Hello,

Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista? Have you got the latest set of drivers for your video card? Have you gone into your Display settings and adjusted them for the suggested specs?

Cheers,
Mak

yes i think adjusting ur specs to what the big black screen says would be a good idea...as it is a big black screen. Try it.

I am using Windows Vista. When I went to Display Settings, monitor was 1024x 768.

Going to the 1280 x 1024 setting made everything smaller.

Have I not done something correctly?

Thank you all for your help.

Hello,

Yes thigns will get smaller. That is a much higher resolution. But that is the native resolution for the LCD monitor.

If things are to small you can always adjust the size of the font and icons to be larger for your personal use.

Cheers,
Mak

yes setting the res higher will make things smaller, i personally like my monitor on it's highest res. Also like mak said, you can change practically the size of anything on windows.

I have tried several times to get the proper font size; using the custom DPI setting 150% (144 DPI) is too large and 142% (136 DPI) is too small.

Any other suggestions?

Helo,

Right click on your desktop. Select Properties. In there screen select Theme. In there select the option to select the classic Theme selector. In there you can click Advanced. That screen will look like this:

advancedsettings.png

There select Item and pick some of the ones with Fonts and adjust the size to what you want. That will be much easier than what you are trying to do.

Cheers,
Mak

Have tried different formats (My Current Theme, Aquarium, etc.) without being able to stabilize the size properly.

I'm thinking when the Microsoft fixed my earlier problem, it knocked the settings off. I can't get a happy medium between too large and too small.

I like my res to be max recommended, but for your issue what is too small? if it's your internet you can usually hold ctrl and scroll your mouse and it will make the font bigger/smaller, i would do what mak said if you can't read the desktop items..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom