hard drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvmywrx

Beta member
So here is my problem. I installed my ages of empires game and tried to run it and it couldn't find the rockalldll.dll (At this point i had about 6gb of space left) and so i was told to run registry booster so i did that and it had many files that needed to be fixed. So i created the backup that it says to do than repaired the registry's. After i did all the my disk space has went to 400mb. Does anyone know why this would be?!!!?? Also i checked the folder winsxs and its about 7 gb of file and 10,926 folders in it. I maybe be thinking if that could be my problem also.

The winsxs folder in Vista grows like fast growing tumor. That folder gets bigger with each program and update installed. Uninstalling programs don't remove the files stored in the winxsx folder. I hope some day someone will come out with a safe and reliable system folder cleaner.

Running Disk Cleanup every once in a while will free up some space.

I have never gotten my Winsxs folder to be that big. Even when using Vista full time and leaving my machine running with torrents and F@H going.

I would suspect spyware.

Cheers,
Mak

Vista's SP1 update added over 2gb to my winsxs folder. Slipstreaming SP1 into my install disc took care of that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom