q6600 v e8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new steppings will supposedly. and i dont think there are going to be any more "good" batches of 6600s...i could be wrong. i would stay away from the current ones like the plauge.
if you have to get a quad, get a q9550.

rolling the dice. no way i would ever buy a used cpu...especially one that was very likely overclocked, possibly by someone who had no idea what they were doing. unless it was someone on TF...even then i myself personally would have reservations.

dude, dude, dude!

I have bought 1 cpu in my life brand new...and regret it terribly because it was the worst clocking of them all.

Buying used is the way to go, modern CPUs are nearly indestructible! I ALWAYS buy used CPUs.

Things I usually would rather buy new are stuff like motherboards and graphics cards as they are far more likely to go kaput during their lives with me.

darn i am just about to get my first rig and the Q6600 was my processor, i wanted a quad but my budget is maxed and so i cant get a Q6700, are they not working or something? I'm not a big OCer if it's some overclocking issue, i wanted to try and get 3ghz but if i cant no worries. It's just Supreme Commander supports Quads and so i was gonna get one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom