Broken Motherboard Componet (Dell Insp. 9300)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like its time for a new computer anyway. The only S/N I could find was DAQ-20 LA-2171 REV:2 (A01). I couldn't find it anywhere on eBay or any other parts site.So am I screwed or screwed.

Thats a resistor. You need a new motherboard, as resoldering it is hard for new people.

Hello.

Quite amazingly, I have the SAME exact problem as the original poster. My Space bar knocked out the PC29 resistor.

My dad knows about these things, so he's inclined to try to fix it.

How do I get the part, and what is the value of this resistor?

Thanks for any help.

Is it would be ok to just solder the two ends together without the part? Or to use something similar in structure?

I can tell you something similar happened to the ear phone jack and my dad actually shorted something out to get it to work again :confused:

So honestly, what's the best course?

Hello,

You never want to solder the 2 point together. That would cause havoc on your mobo.

You need to get the mobo specifications or blueprint to find out what Resister, cao or part went there. Then get the same exact part. It is a Surface Mount item at that. Which is tougher to solder on correctly cause of the small connection points.

Best course of action. Call Dell. See if you can get something worked out with them. Or take the suggestions above and try to find a replacement.

Cheers,
Mak

That's what I'm thinking.
SMD resistors are usually black and have 3 numbers.
SMD capacitors are usually orange and ceramic, and can be fairly brittle (as ferrellw and gormanmod have discovered)

Since there was no mention of any system failure, it's mostly likely a bypass capacitor. If so, there's no harm if the board were left alone.

no, there's a failure. It doesn't start anymore. :(

It just turns on the light that indicates the computer is on, then turn off seconds later.

Anyway, anyone know where to find the blueprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom