*SOLVED* computer not runing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Well three days ago i took my computer out of the case and set it up on my desk, it didn't run, it was just a blank screen, no bios, no nothing, just blank. So i put it on copper stand offs (with screws thre the mobo into them) and still nothing, the same thing. So i though w/e, must be something im not thinking about and i just left it for three days untill i put it back in my case. (fyi i was cutting holes in the mobo tray for wire management) I put it back in the case, and i accidently put the case hdd led in the wrong mobo pins, so it over charged it and it started to smoke ; the wire. (that scared me for a sec but i just took out the wire) so i try to boot up and same thing as it was doing on my desk, just a blank screen, the cpu fan in on and doesn't slow down after a few seconds like it usually does, it's going full blown. I tried clearing the cmos, that didn't work. So,,, any ideas?

(i checked all the connections and they are all good.)

Re: computer not runing problem

i got it working.

The 3rd dimm slot is not working, when ever there is a stick of ram in it my computer will not do squat, it's not the ram because i can boot up with each stick, solution was just to move the sticks to slots 2 and 4, dual channels still works, so im good, i have no idea why it would suddenly stop working though.

Might be worth closely inspecting the slot, look for anything in there like dust, etc.

i had an 8800gts 512 that worked flawlessly till i took it out of the case one day to switch mobos...it never worked again.

oh yeah dude i tried reseating it about 10 times then took it to one of my other rigs and tried it, same thing. DOH! i dont buy new evga stuff, but i will say their warranty rma department is on the ball. i had a new one in about a week.

^ i expected you to, as you know what your doing. That sucks though, even though most warranties cover things like this, i still hate having that happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom