More bang for the buck($3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you do your build you will gain a lot of knowledge and will never purchase anything from Dell again.

I have owned 4 Dells. I recently built my own with the help of these forums, and I agree with your statement 100%.

My last job was at a school district that only bought dells. We had around a 50% failure rate on the desktops. Thats why i will NEVER recommend buying a dell.

we had over 2000 computers. I worked at that job for over 3 years. I will say that if you have the gold warranty at least they get the parts out to you fast. But the whole "herro, dis is John, how may i help you." when in actuality its jugdish, annoyed me. After a while we figured out when we had been transferred to india and knew when to hang up and call back.

Yeah I will be studying. What about the cooling system. Anything I need to know?

Well, watercooling would be a good way to go for your budget.

However, I am not a watercooling expert so you should probably have some one else say whether a first-time builder should go with WC or not. It may be easy or hard to do, I have never done it so I wouldn't know.

Well, watercooling would be a good way to go for your budget.

However, I am not a watercooling expert so you should probably have some one else say whether a first-time builder should go with WC or not. It may be easy or hard to do, I have never done it so I wouldn't know.

Dont bother, there is no point unless your an advanced builder and plan to overclock ALOT.

Either get an aftermarket cooler like a true tower 120 or the xigmatek rifle, or if your dont plan to overclock, just use the stock cooler - it will be fine.

go with the build luke said, if u wanna spend a fair chunk of ur cash, but i would either wait for the intel i7's or build pretty much the award rig atm.

q9550
biostar p45
4gb gskill
640gb WD
4870/4870x2
TRUE 120 cooler

itll last you out for a while. the new i7's are said not to be much of a improvement over the current 45nm intels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom