Need a new MOBO, help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
My MOBO died 8 days ago and I manage to save some cash to get one in this next week.

The problem is the following and that's where I need your help guys.

I need a MOBO with:

-Good/decent overclocking capabilities
-Support for all my components on the sig below.
-I don't need SLI
-Last and most important, I can't afford more than $110 for the MOBO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

---------------
Phanto

I forgot to tell you guys 2 more important details:

- MOBO must have at least 1 year warranty
- Must have 6 audio ports

Anyway about the links you guys posted:

The Biostar seems really nice but it only have 3 audio ports and no warranty.
My current MOBO that died was a Gibabyte so I'm not going to buy another one from them (they seems to don't have any kind of warranty only from the website (newegg) and is only 30 days.

I was checking today again and I found this ASUS, it seems really nice but I would like to hear some feedback about it from you guys if you know something about it.

If you guys know about some other deals, let me know.

Thanks

ASUS P5K PRO LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

I forgot to tell you guys 2 more important details:

- MOBO must have at least 1 year warranty
- Must have 6 audio ports

Anyway about the links you guys posted:

The Biostar seems really nice but it only have 3 audio ports and no warranty.
My current MOBO that died was a Gibabyte so I'm not going to buy another one from them (they seems to don't have any kind of warranty only from the website (newegg) and is only 30 days.

I was checking today again and I found this ASUS, it seems really nice but I would like to hear some feedback about it from you guys if you know something about it.

If you guys know about some other deals, let me know.

Thanks

ASUS P5K PRO LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

love it. i have a pro. was in my rig, replaced it with a deluxe (for no reason, just happened upon a deluxe for next to nothing...maybe it'll get higher..?). they are great mobos.

love it. i have a pro. was in my rig, replaced it with a deluxe (for no reason, just happened upon a deluxe for next to nothing...maybe it'll get higher..?). they are great mobos.

Nice to hear!!, it is a good overclocker the Pro ?!?!

Should I'll go with the ASUS P5K PRO ? Or should I keep looking for other deals??

oh whoops dude i thought you linked a p5q pro...not a p5k pro. in any event...this is a p45 chipset and is the same price as the p35 you linked:
Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q SE LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

check it out. and this should be about the same as a p5q pro as far as overclock ability...definitely not as good of cooling....but i got 500 FSB with an e8400 on it (the p5q pro). gurusan can get 600 on his deluxe with a 45nm xeon. i haven't monkeyed with mine yet to see what it will do with this quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom