Adding custom logo to my cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a variety of opinions. You realize this is nothing different than the logos that are already on many cases? And I wish you'd stop calling them "stickers" because they are much thinner and more professional looking than stickers. Like I said, this is all experimental, but since you do not own a custom computer business, of course you would see no point in adding anything to the cases.

Everyone's opinion varies. I do not think that my main target audience would care if a small logo was on it. Personally if it were my personal built computer I would not add vinyls to it, but since this is merely business, it seems like a great option.

^actually i was very much looking into creating a line of custom modded cases. I looked int what i could do for logo's and the such but i decided against it as people want to see a great looking case, not an ugly thinner then a sticker looking thing. That my opinion and im sticking with it, i hope you do not go threw with this. Also no, these things don't look anything like case names on cases, they are not thin stickers, they are printed directly on it, and are not a picture (well most of the time) and usually cases with a big name or something don't sell worth cr**.

Well, so far you're the only real major naysayer. I still don't think you fully realize what I'm doing. I have mentioned before, these things are so thing and well adhered, they look part of the case, practically painted on.

I wish you luck in your modded case ventures, but you are targetting a completely different audience with different tastes. I am targetting those who would not be building their own machines, the type that would normally buy from Best Buy or Circuit City or Dell. Those are my targets, and from my experience and research, a logo would only improve sales to these customers by driving my brand image. Think what you want, but I know what I am doing, and I have a feeling it will work out a lot better than you are thinking.

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/files/detail/thermaltake-armor-VA8000BWA.jpg
You see the logos on the upper left and lower right? That is the size and idea I am going with here. I will likely change it back to the original one color vinyl. The armor series sells extremely well, and WHAT'S THAT?? A logo??? GASP!

Well good luck with it if u go threw with it, but i personally wouldn't like that on my case. But others that are not as perfectionist as me might.

IMO...it may need a little color. or at least a little grayscale instead of white. i think maybe if the outline of the jet and the letters were a medium/dark-grey, it would look a little more subtle. probably medium would look better i think. also, you maybe need to thin the lines in the "S" (or the entire outer white line, or make the spaces bigger) here:
svelmod.jpg

because you need the color of the case to show in those spaces. that may work better. if the outer line and letters were a medium grey (like gunmetal), it may even be okay how it is.
otherwise, i think it is a great idea and yes, you should have a retail marking of some sort. but go small. not in-your-face-the-whole-side-of-the-case kind of thing.

EDIT: i just read what you wrote below the link in your last post and yeah, that is a great size. if you go with a single color, i still say go gunmetal, cos then it will look rockin on a black or white/other color case.

Make sure its small and isn't much bigger then the average hand. Remember its all about style, its about appearance. If its too small, then no one will notice it, and if its too big no one will want it.When I say hand I am not including the finger tips as that would be too big.

As a product logo, go for it, brand recognition is good. as far as size goes....I would definitely not go bigger than the palm of your hand and depending on where your placing the sticker much smaller might be better.

I know i represent a small portion of the population but I never put stickers or other decals on my systems, they are the first things to go when I get my system. However, no point marketing to the minority, I think most people would be ok with it and might actually like the small logo if placed properly at the right size. Most people I know who buy custom systems and many who build their own put those AMD, Corsair, OCZ, etc... stickers on their systems for all to see.

You could always just include the decal with you system and let them put it on where and if they want.

You could always get it laser engraved or annodized if the case is made of a decent metal.

But thats obviously the more expensive option. Unlessyou buy your own engraver and eventually break even if you sell enough PC's.

bleh... I think it looks horrendous as well... how large are the ones in the pictures? and apply it on a case...

also, apart from the performance tiered systems from OEM's, they never have big blatant logos like that... and never in sticker form unless its a case badge which is also rare... they are usually emobssed/etched/painted on... so i don't think its that similar

I second the case badge movement, you can contact iandh on overclock.net (not sure if he'll help you... but try?) since he has access to some machines that can make case badges... Cyberdruid (heard of him? famous for some sick mods and great waterfall reservoirs) got him to make his badges!

edit:

hey a bit of advice (not trying to be offensive or anything...) about your site

A) The header needs a bit of work... the font looks bad... its barely legible gets pixelated at such high sizes and why is the background base color white? its off the sites main colors....

B) Don't ask for people to donate to a business... that is ridiculous! 'Hey you bought a PC from us! Want to throw us some extra money so that we can make some more dough?' Instead offer tiered warranty services, custom services to the computers... or you could start up some sort of an upgrade policy for donating members or something...

C) Take the eCommerce site offline (at least for non-admins) it really confuses first time buyers about whats happening even if you have an update message... it also hurts first opinions about your business if people see a broken ecommerce site as the 'Store'

D) You need to update the side/navigation bar... my recommendation if you plan to regularly update/change the site is to move to a CMS system... get away from the HTML site (if thats what it is) since those take a whole lot of work to update... try Joomla, PHP-Nuke etc.

If you don't want me to comment here... then I can edit it and PM you :p

GL with your business! I've always wanted to do something like this! Once you get ready, you should try getting some cheap text ads on google so that you can expose your site!

Finally... lol, mind PMing me some more information about your business? I'd be interested to know what your working fees are... how you stock items if you do etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom