What to do with 2 extra unused PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I don't know why they are selling those "home servers" with windows home server. I think it is a complete joke since an old pc will do the trick in most cases with a few simple cheap addons. Like right now I have a server that I made from an old p1 200MHZ with a nlite version of windows xp that is so stripped down that it only takes up around 300mb with a 120GB HDD. I tried putting a bigger one in but it only showed 137GB so it wasn't worth it

Oh yeah, I forgot that I had a 6600GT in the first computer, I dont know why I forgot about that. Found someone to buy it though, Im sure F@H uses more CPU than GPU

Install F@H, Hide all related files, disable Task manager, AND Then sell it..

:p

Hopefully the ones you sell it to will never figure it out. :)

isn't folding at home good about only using resources that aren't being used? if so, i see no issue with doing that :p lol

Oh yeah, I forgot that I had a 6600GT in the first computer, I dont know why I forgot about that. Found someone to buy it though, Im sure F@H uses more CPU than GPU

The fastest F@H clients are the gpu clients:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f39/nvidia-gpus-responsible-42-folding-home-output-183764/

meh, it would get like 200ppd at the most.

isn't folding at home good about only using resources that aren't being used? if so, i see no issue with doing that :p lol

Yeah but the systems are just too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom