Motherboard Won't Recognize USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scionix

Baseband Member
Hey guys, after transferring my motherboard to a new case, killing my hard drive, buying a new one, and finally hooking it up, now I can't get my Keyboard to be recognized. This is a problem because I have to press f1 to get past the motherboard boot screen :(

Previously, I had been using that same keyboard in BIOS, but after taking a break, getting my new Hard Drive, then hooking it up, I can't get my keyboard to register. I tried re-seating my USB plug into the motherboard, but no go. I tried re-seating the other end of the plug as well (it was a little loose), but after pushing it in a little more firmly, still the same problem.

Am I just being dumb and plugging the USB pin-thingy in wrong? I'm stumped :/

I have an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard.

Any help would be awesome.

If I were you I would use the PS/2 keyboard port connection to get past the start up screen. I know I've had to do this on several of my own computers, simply because the BIOS weren't setup to accept USB input upon boot.

Weird things can happen when you switch any piece of hardware, for whatever the reason, as this same thing has happened to me before. Just another good reason to keep at least one retro connect keyboard lying around. :D

Hope that helps,

-Chase-

EDIT: I'm sure you inferred this, but for the sake of completeness of a post, I'll say it. After using the PS/2 Keyboard to get past that screen you should use it to modify your BIOS to allow you to use a USB keyboard on boot or to disable your boot screen. Just wanted to throw that in there.

Sorry for sounding dumb, but what is a PS/2 keyboard port?

>.>

Thanks for answering, though :D

EDIT: Okay, found out what you meant, but how does one make a USB keyboard fit that?

'tis a round hole :D

Hello,

PS2_Ports_ATX.jpg

Usually the green is for a mouse and the blue is for a keyboard.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks mac, but, sorry for another dumb question, how do I use a USB keyboard on that?

>.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom