New to OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no harm in ocing a little bit with the stock cooler, but no more then a little bit lol. The stock heatsink sucks, so if u want to see any performance increases you will need an aftermarket cooler, my recommendation is the rifle.

Try uping the fsb to 1366 and go into coretemp and see what your speed changed to.

Yea, im out of the OC club lol. I changed the FSB to 1366 like you said, and the usually dead-quiet fans started roaring, but no display would come on. It was scary stuff for a first timer!! I did the "hold down power button" thing twice, and nothing but the huff n puff of the jet-turbine, so finally i just unplugged the power cable and replugged and it came up. entered bios, and the fsb was still set at 1366, so i was like "SCORE", so i exited the bios...lo and behold, the roaring-dead-screen came back like bad Chinese food!! repeat the power button trick, repeat the pull the plug trick, back into bios, change back to defaults, and its running perfectly again. I think this is a sign, "over clock me and you shall be teetering on a dangerous little thread young padawan". Yoda, out. lol =)

O_0, thats odd, you should not need a voltage u for that little of a bump, hmmm, maybe you should just wait until you grab an after market cooler.

Wait i shall, its no big deal anyways, not like im running anything that this rig cant run w/o over clocks. Despite being a dell, its sweet as **** lol. I run Age of Conan maxed out visuals at 60-70fps. i know its no records, but ****, if my eye can follow, im game =) ATM im stressing MUCH more over the monitor problem you were helping me with yesterday. For the love of all that it holy i hope that its the monitor itself that's faulty, cuz i don't know what i would do if its something inside the tower. One thing i know for sure, it cant be settings itself, cuz i have tried every combination known to man, and even a couple reserved only for fish, and Nada. **** you dell, **** you to heck for sending me a loose-wired monitor!!!

Man, i wish i could show you a good picture about how tightly jammed in that GPU is >.<. I removed the screw, and pulled, and i swear that the thing wouldn't budge. And i cant squeeze my finger under the GPU itself to click the thingy to release it. I do see a pin-like thing that comes from under the GPU towards the next slot over, but im scared to do anything with it cuz it might not have anything to do with the card lol.

^can you take a picture of it for i can walk you threw exactly what to do? it doesn't have to be a great quality picture, i just have to be able to make out the pin ur talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom