Fan Dust Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Dust has been a problem in my case, especially cuz i got alot of fans chugging in air right now. I recently fixed a computer my friend got from his uncle, and it has a very nice nzxt case, and the intake fans have dust covers, and its an older build definately (Pentium 4 3ghz, 7950gt, 1gb ddr400 ram.), but the inside of the case has no dust whatsoever, everything looks perfect still. Aside from buying a nzxt case just for dust covers, where can I buy some? couldnt find anything on the egg. Or would modding like a coffee filter on the work? Or some other kind of filter that will still allow good airflow?

A coffee filter is going to be REALLY restrictive. I run 10 fans on my rig, so filters are a must. I just changed out my top fans last night and they were still as clean as the day i got them. I use the fan filters that have the foam mesh in them. They work great and if they get too dirty just use the vaccuum on them.

my lexa blackline came with dust filters, they don't work thats great though, with my next order I'm gonna pick up better ones.

^depends what filters you get, some look fine and don't restrict air flow any. (my lexa has a cool looking metal one for the side panel that looks, well cool lol.

yeah, air filters are great, i get alot of dust inmy builds, i think its because of the carpet. Dust comes up when the chairs moving around etc. so i used that cloth that u get with ur case and put it around the bottom to hopefully stop the dust from being sucked into my front intake fan.

I have 2 cats, dust filters are required. I peel about a pound of cathair off of the filters every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom