p45 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the biostar does support Xfire. The slots are only 8x, but its PCIe 2.0 which means an 8x slot has the same bandwidth as a 16x 1.0 slot. For single gpu Xfire (4850, 4870) It should be fine. but if you want to Xfire 4870X2s then the x48 is a better option. You have a tradeoff there. The P45 is better at OCing and the x48 offers better multi card scaling.

Alright that sounds cool, sad that i'm building this now and plan on upgrading and buying a 26" monitor(gonna have dual monitors) with income tax.. I think I need better things to spend my money on. lol

when i upgrade in feb. i'll be buying new mb, mem, and nahalem. >< so i think that the mb will be fine for a couple months =p no point in spending 300 bucks on the rampage if i'm planning on upgrading in the next 6 months.. Right?

Sorry to jump in to the thread with my own question but is the Asus P5Q PRO P45 an ok board, i was told to get a P45 not a P35 but my budget is really stretched, this is only £81, one of the cheaper ones available..

My main problem is the OCZ vendetta 2 blocks off ram slots 1 and 2 on 3 different mobos according to a reviewer( he used pricey ones)..so lol no dual channel no matter what i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom